HTG Induction Hardening & Induction Annealing Services
What Is It?
Induction heat treating is a process where steel is hardened or annealed by heating, followed by quenching. It is an electromagnetic process using a copper inductor coil, which is fed a current at a specific frequency and power level.
Why Use Induction Heat Treating / Hardening? Induction Hardening has many benefits such as:
- Localized Hardening. Case hardening places a hard case around the entire surface of the part while induction hardening hardens only the precise pattern defined by the inductor coil. The components in the photo above have been cut and etched to show the induction hardened pattern.
- Depth of hardness is easily controlled. With this computer-controlled process, the depth of hardness is uniform and easy to control and replicate.
- Materials costs is reduced.
- Minimizes distortion.
- Inductors can be mounted to a line for increased throughput.
- Fewer processes are needed. No stop-off paints or copper-plating operations needed.
- No required preheating allows for quicker startup.
- No harmful emissions, noise, or environmental concerns.
- Induction heaters cause minimal distortion of parts.
- Efficient equipment. Utility costs are reduced.
Specialists Serving the Gear & Roll Industries
Since 1946, HTG’s Commercial Induction has built a reputation as a premier induction heat treating company of large rolls and gears.
- Our niche in the roll industry is our ability to scan vertically a part up to 20 feet long, 7 inches in diameter.
- We offer a selection of quenches including water, oil, and water soluble media.
- Scanning equipment, index tables, rotary tables allows for high production runs or one piece at a time processing.
- Auxiliary equipment is just as important as the primary induction units and we are well equipped in this area to handle any of your requirements.
- Tempering furnaces capable of tempering any part.
- Certified magnaflux inspectors in-house.
- Cyrogenic treatment, Materials Lab services and Engineering support & troubleshooting available.