Tool Steel Heat Treating Specialists – Quality & Service Since 1946
Since 1946, Walker Heat Treating has been serving customers with quality heat treating services. In 1986, Walker Heat Treating Services became affiliated with HI TecMetal Group and continually upgraded upgraded equipment to offer customers “big company technology with small company service and quality”.
Walker Heat Treating has earned process approvals as a second tier supplier to the automotive industry and by several large die casting vendors. The availability of HTG’s Materials Lab combined with a sophisticated Quality System assures more uniform results throughout heat treating processes and promotes continuous improvement. When turnaround time is critical, Walker Heat Treating offers 24-hour service on many tool steel treatments.
State-of-the-Art Equipment Includes:
- One 10-bar vacuum furnace
- One 6-bar vacuum furnace
- Two 2-bar horizontal vacuum furnaces for pieces up to 35”
- Three gas nitriding furnaces for pieces from ounces to 3,000 lbs. and from fractions of an inch to 48” in length
- Multiple temper furnaces to meet your needs
- Vacuum heat treating of high speed steel, die casting, plastic mold dies, stainless steel, tool steel & dies, copper alloys
- Vacuum processing up to 10-bar
- Gas nitriding
- Blast cleaning
- Deep freezing